21 de abril de 2012

Raisin standards - 10 years

This time I am writing in English, as this post is dedicated to non Spanish speakers (at least most of them).

Last Wednesday, during my birthday, I realised that ten years that day, I was in Port Elisabeth, South Africa, at Fidelito's flat, enjoying a week there.

That trip to Africa, was my self-gift. I wanted to go to that Continent and no one wanted to come with me so I decided to go on my own. Since then, I have gone some more times, but that very first one was special, from the very beginning to the very end. I got in love with Africa.

I remember Andrew's place in the middle of nowhere, where I would love to get lost. Fidelito's place and the moment were I saw for the first time in my life a real gun. Enormous dunes, hipos making love under the sun, the sound of a lion next to us, the moon and millions of starts over my head, that swim in Okavango, bush lasagna, flying for the first (and last) time in my life while sunset, that booze cruise, the excitement of the sight of the first elephant and my heart beating hard when running from it, night fire, watery food after canoo crushing, dancing around the fire, cricket...

Ten years later, I still know, somehow, of most of the people I met during that special month. Maybe for you it was only one more of the trips, but for me, it was an unforgettable time, with unforgettable people, in an unforgettable Continent.

Thanks for appearing in my life and sharing that special time with me.




1 comentario:

¡Gracias por tu comentario!